Roofing 101: Roofing Basics for Non-Industry Professionals
Roofing 101: Learn Roofing Basics for Non-Industry Professionals
About this course:
Roofing – for most real estate professionals and commercial building owners it is a necessary evil. They can lead to a major source of frustration and aggravation for building owners, buyers and real estate professionals. But, without a roof system a building cannot function.
Roofing systems are among the most important components of a building. They protect the structure, the content and the occupants against nature’s elements. Roofs also provide insulating value for the building envelope. Roof systems are now even converting sunlight into solar power through the use of roof mounted solar arrays!
In order to evaluate existing roof systems or to make a decisions concerning roof system design it is important for real estate professionals, building owners and buyers to understand the basics about roofing. This course provides insight into the basic systems and design options available to non-industry professionals who are responsible for evaluating, managing and making decisions concerning roofing systems.
Do you come across questions like:
1. What is the difference between TPO and PVC membranes?
2. What are single-ply systems and how do they compare to built-up roof systems?
3. How long do commercial roof systems last?
4. What is ice damming?
5. What are the typical deficiencies that are found in most roof systems?
Roofing 101: Roofing Basics for Non-Industry Professionals from Roof Asset Management Inc. offers the student the opportunity to learn more about various types of roof systems including single-ply and built-up commercial assemblies as well as steep sloped applications.
The course will provide key information including:
1. Definitions of roof system types.
2. Pictures of roof system types.
3. Examples of deficiencies found on low-sloped and steep-sloped shingle applications.
Join us for this informative presentation. For those who attend this presentation as a live event, there will be a question and answer session following where attendees can post their questions and the experts on the call will provide feedback.
- The difference between low-sloped and steep-sloped systems.
- Different types of low-sloped roof systems.
- Different types of single-ply roof systems.
- Types of steep-sloped roof systems.
- Types of roof drainage systems.
- Roof system deficiencies – what to look out for.
- REUL of typical roof systems.
Chris has over 25 years of experience in the commercial and residential construction industry. He has worked in multiple roles including leading construction crews, leading sales and marketing and serving as president of his family's construction businesses.
Chris has estimated and sold projects worth over $1,000,000. He has also been responsible for maintaining key accounts for over 20 years which have resulted in millions of dollars in revenues from repeat customers.
His history and current industry involvement include:
- He is a third generation contractor. His grandfather first started in the roofing industry in the late 1940's.
- He currently serves as the President of his family's commercial roofing company.
- He currently serves as the President of Roof Asset Management Inc. - a roof consulting and evaluation firm.
- He is a certified John Maxwell Team trainer and coach.
- He holds an MBA in Executive Global Leadership from Delaware Valley University.
- He has studied leadership with Bell Leadership Institute - Chapel Hill, NC.
"I have had a front row seat to see the benefits of personal development have for individuals and the companies who pursue education and growth. Constant growth is the difference between success and failure in business."